"Hi, I'm Sean Lucas"
I'm a big Johnny Cash fan (if you didn't catch the reference). I also read quite a bit and write as much as I can (so thanks, Ed, for the invite).
What do I do: I teach church history and administrate at Covenant Theological Seminary. I also serve as assistant pastor at Covenant Presbyterian Church, St. Louis, Mo. I am a PCA minister in Missouri Presbytery. I've been married for 12 years to my lovely wife, Sara, and have four children, ranging in (descending) ages from 8 to 2. You can find out more about me here.
What have I written: I have two authored books and two co-edited books: (co-edited with D. G. Hart and Stephen J. Nichols), The Legacy of Jonathan Edwards: American Religion and the Evangelical Tradition (Baker, 2003) and (co-edited with Robert Peterson) All for Jesus: Essays Celebrating Redeeming Grace for the 50th Anniversary of Covenant Theological Seminary (Christian Focus, 2006, dv). My authored books are Robert Lewis Dabney: A Southern Presbyterian Life (P&R, 2005) and On Being Presbyterian: Our Beliefs, Practices, and Stories (P&R, 2006). You can find out more on these books here.
My next book project: Actually I've been working on two projects. The historical project is tentatively titled, For a Continuing Church: Conservative Dissent in the Presbyterian Church, U.S., 1934-74. It is a cultural history that focuses on the political, cultural, and religious forces that led to the division of the southern Presbyterian church and the creation of the PCA.
The other, more popular project is a book on discipleship: Following After Jesus: Learning a Life of Grace-Centered Discipleship. [For those who go to Covenant PC, you'll recognize this as working off the sermons I preached this past fall] But right now (as in today) I am editing the print out of On Being Presbyterian. I also write a bit on my blog.
What am I reading: Since Christmas, I've finished Stephen Ambrose's Undaunted Courage and N. T. Wright, Paul: In Fresh Perspective. I've started N. T. Wright's The Last Word, Carolyn Gilman's Lewis and Clark: Across the Divide, and Joseph Ellis's His Excellency. I am awaiting Harry Stout's new book, which releases next week, Upon the Altar of the Nation.
1 Comments:
Let's face it, if you have any courage read this.
http://garyjin.blogspot.com
email njabate@aol.com
Let's face it, we must all get real or this reality has no function.
Gary Introne
Post a Comment
<< Home