Megan's 2005 Booklist
Here is my compiled list for the year. My yearly goal, starting in 2004 has been to read three each month. There were several months this year where I clocked zero books, and several where, thanks to homeschooling, I clocked way above my goal. I'm finishing the year at 40, which for me is really good.
I know that the typical next step would be to challenge myself to go above that for this next year, but I'm going to hold steady right here with this three/month goal. Here's to fresh starts!
The highlighted authors denote my ten favorite reads of the year.
The Kitchen God's Wife
Bel Canto
The Eyre Affair
Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia
Reading Lolita in Tehran
East of Eden
The Jordan Tracks
A Song I Knew by Heart
The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter
Gilead
The Broker
When You Rise Up
Housekeeping
The Well-Trained Mind
Before We Get Started
The Story of Christianity, Volume 1: The Early Church to the Reformation
Expecting Adam
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlotte's Web
The Boxcar Children
Understanding People
The Apple and the Arrow
The Call
Homer Price
My Father's Dragon
Beyond Identity
Transforming Grace
The Usborne Book of Peoples of the World
The Usborne Book of Houses and Homes
Children of the Living God
Mr. Popper's Penguins
The Hundred Dresses
The Healing Path
Heidi
The Light at Tern Rock
Mountain Born
Spiritual Mothering
Perfecting Ourselves to Death
Christian Spirituality
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home